Rebuild, Repair, Renew
Today our vital infrastructure, specifically the electrical and the heating and cooling systems, is antiquated and failing. In fact, our HVAC system has long outlived its life cycle, and could catastrophically fail at any time.
Critical repairs and renovations are also needed in the following areas: stained glass restoration and protection, seating, bathrooms, rain gutters, bell tower, exterior doors, and lighting. Plaster, paint, flooring, and lighting have significantly deteriorated, as the last time these were addressed was the early 1980s.
Add to these, the need for renewal of our staging, stage lighting, sound and video equipment, and the baptistery.
May 2018 Update:
- 1.2-1.5 Million Dollars (May 2017- May 2020)
- Total number of Faith Commitments received for 3-year period = 100
- Faith commitments can still be made! Instead of a 3-year faith commitment, it would be a 2- year commitment. Pick up a commitment card at the Welcome Center or Ministry Center, complete and place in the Sunday morning offering. You may also make an "Over and Above" Faith Commitment right here in the app!
MadeNew Income May-December 2017 $391,014
MadeNew Income January-December 2018 $315,317
January 2019 $13,140
February 2019 $32,479
March 2019 $17,825
April 2019 $15,740
MadeNew Grand Total
Received to Date $786,292
RENOVATION AND REPAIR UPDTATE APRIL 30, 2019
- The architect's renderings of the renovated sanctuary, cry room, enlarged restrooms and outdoor courtyard/plaza are available for your viewing in the lobby. We have received a 16 page remodeling schematics from our architect for the updated worship center, bathrooms, cry rooms and outside plaza. These are now going to the city for plan check.
- The inside and outside stained glass windows in the sanctuary
have now been completely repaired, cleaned and protected by an exterior clear protective coating. This has been paid in full by a grant from the Hillblom Foundation.
- Mark III, who is working with us in designing and building our new HVAC system, is still waiting on final approval from PG&E so the proposal can go to the city for final approval. This process is being coordinated with Evans Energy who will provide our recently approved solar system.
- The outdoor courtyard/plaza area between the sanctuary & CE Building is our next priority. The Taylor Group is working on the engineering plans to vacate the alley way and install the overhead covering, pavers and brick work which create a new Welcome Center.
- The proposed expanded and handicapped accessible restrooms
and cry room are also being schematically engineered so that permits for renovation can be secured. The architect is also working on a proposal to create restroom facilities in the Social Hall.
- Plans for the new outdoor patio and expanded kitchen area on the east side of the Youth Building that borders the green, across from the playground have now been approved by the city. Construction is to begin soon.
- The Made New Dream Team, composed of Ed Smith, Jeff Kreiter, Rob Ferreira, Pastor Brian, Bethany Hanke and Tamera Dodson will begin meeting now that we have received our remodeling plans.
LET'S ALL CONTINUE TO PRAY AND SUPPORT MADE NEW FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!!
Honoring A Legacy
In 1903, our predecessors worshipped in a 720 squarefoot building. In 1905, they replaced it with a larger building. In 1920, First Baptist took a radical step forward in size and scope by building a church facility that was exceptional in both form and function. This is the same space where we now worship — nearly 100years later.
Our church continues today, as a source of local gospel presence and of global gospel proclamation, providing evidence that God abundantly blessed the vision of those who came before us; undoubtedly more than they could have imagined. Now we, their blessed beneficiaries, are the generation called upon to carry on their legacy. They sacrificed and found God faithful to supply the need. They believed and God exceeded their hope-filled expectations.
Will our commitment honor theirs? Will we also trust God to supply our need and do through us far more than we could ask or imagine?